There is a discrepancy in the Gleason score given on the initial biopsy and prostatectomy specimen, respectively, that affects both patients who can benefit from active surveillance and those who cannot benefit from curative surgical treatment, and for whom therapeutic alternatives must be established. In this context, our study aimed at analyzing the diagnostic concordance between biopsies and subsequent prostatectomies, in order to establish the accuracy of prostate biopsy in predicting final Gleason score of the prostatectomy specimens.
Material and methods: We analyzed 79 cases of PADK, initially diagnosed by prostate biopsy and subsequently treated by radical prostatectomy.
The accuracy degree of the tumoral grading system assigned to the prostate biopsy, compared with the radical prostatectomy, was assessed by calculation of the Cohen's kappa concordance coefficient and calculation of sensitivity, specificity, positive prognostic value and negative prognostic value. Results: 37 cases In prostate biopsies, 32 cases The lowest agreement rate was observed for Gleason score 5, where no case showed a similar score for biopsy and prostatectomy.
Imaging of COVID-19: CT, MRI, and PET
Statistical analysis indicated a kappa coefficient of 0. The agreement on ISUP prognostic grade groups between prostate biopsy and radical prostatectomy indicated a slight increase in kappa coefficient Conclusions: Our results demonstrate an increase in the predictive accuracy of prostate biopsy, as a result of the prostate cancer mri of prognostic grade group system, which ensure prostate cancer mri decrease of overestimating tendency of the old scoring system, ultimately leading to a iperplasia adenomatosa prostata characterization of potential lesions in prostatectomy specimens and a more effective treatment stratification of patients.
Author Biographies A. Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer, A contemporary prostate cancer grading system: A vali-dated alternative to the Gleason score. Eur Urol ; 69 3 : Gleason DF. Classification of prostatic carcinomas.
- Cuvinte cheie hiperplazie benignă de prostată IRM multiparametrică cancer de prostată PI-RADS imagistică medicală Introduction Benign prostatic hyperplasia BPH is a histologic diagnosis characterized by proliferation of the prostatic cellular elements.
- Prostatita anus doare
- FORGET RECTAL PROBES: NON-INVASIVE PROSTATE MRI
- Rectosigmoid cancer resection.
Cancer Chemother Rep ; 50 3 Prediction of prognosis for prostatic adenocarcinoma by combined histo-logical grading and clinical staging. J Urol ; 1 : Histological grading and staging of prostatic carcinoma.
- MRI of the Prostate: A Practical Approach, Radiologie - transportbucurestinonstop.ro
- Rectal cancer on mri - Cancerul de vezica doare
- Ciprofloxacin prostatitis forum
- Endorectal coils ERC are useful, but now rectal cancer on mri can get a prostate MRI without any discomfort, and the quality and accuracy is on par with the standard, invasive diagnostic methods.
- Comentarii Although prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in men in the USA, it can be treated successfully if detected early.
- Hipotermie prostatita
- Imaging of COVID CT, MRI, and PET
Philadephia: Lea and Feibiger, Histologic grading of prostate cancer: a perspective. Hum Pathol ; 23 3 : Am J Surg Pathol ; 29 9 : J Clin Oncol ; 27 21 : J Urol ; 6 : — Epstein JI. An update of the Gleason grading system. Helpap B, Egevad L. Modified Gleason grading.
An updated review. Histol Histopathol ; 24 5 : Eur Urol ; 58 3 : Arch Pathol Lab Med ; 4 : The impact of the Interna-tional Society of Urological Pathology Gleason grading consensus on active surveillance for prostate cancer.